Monday, September 15, 2014

Sports & Ribbon Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon

Hello Friends!!
My Summer Vacation from Crafting is over!!
It is time for a new challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon.
Our challenge this time is Sports and Ribbon.
I have spent my whole summer carting my two kiddos to Tennis practice and matches, so I thought I would do a tennis theme.
Here is what I came up with.
I know this is more "cutesy" than my normal stuff, but I thought the girl was kind of cute...and she had a tennis racket..so there you go...lol.   I found the original image at the Graphics Fairy here.
Here is the collage sheet that I created below, which you can find in my Etsy shop here.  The images will fit nicely on a 
standard size 5 by 7 card base.
Here is a tutorial of how I put my card together.
Step One
Cut out all of your pieces and ink the edges with Ranger's Frayed Burlap.
Step Two
I used my Perfect layers ruler and mat with a craft knife to cut out 1/16th mat for my Bingo Image.
Step Three 
I used Scor Tape and Tombow Foam Tabs  from Really Reasonable Ribbon to adhere my layers and images to my card.  Please refer to photo below for placement.
 Step Four
I used my favorite Juliet Lace from RRR tucked in behind the top of my tennis net.  I glued my "game set match" piece onto the top of my net.
 Step Five
I used my crop o dile to punch two 1/8 inch holes in her shirt and used a piece of  Rose Seam Binding and Cotton Candy Baker's Twine to create a cute little sash at her waist.  I put all my pieces in place and decided to add a couple Tombow Foam Tabs  to the back of my pooch.
 Step Six
I finished adding all my images to the front and decided to add some embellishments.  I used both Deep Ivory and Pink Mulberry Roses and Moss green leaves from Really Reasonable Ribbon!
 The card looks pretty cute as it is, but I decided to finish it off with some Art Glitter.
I used my favorite colors, Cheeky pink, Martha's Yard, Chamois, and Fauna as well as the Designer Dries Clear Glue and Fine tip applicator.
Here are a couple of close ups.
Look at the top.
A close up of that sweet little sash :0)
Well there you go!  
Well you may of noticed that the color of my card looks a little different at the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog.  It looks like the photo below.  Look how green the bingo image is...."YIKES!!" That was how all of my photos were showing up once they were uploaded to blogger...drove me nuts!  So I took a little time to figure it out, nothing is worse than creating something cute and when you upload the photo to a program...the colors are off!  So I tried a couple things to fix it and then found out is was an easy fix...lol.  So if you are having some issues with your colors being off (it doesn't always happen, seems certain colors for me) well I will be doing a 30 second tutorial on how to fix it...lol!
From this (not true colors)
To this (true colors)



2 comments:

  1. absolutely charming! glad to see some new crafting from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little tennis girl is super cute! I have had that issue with colors going wonky, so I'm looking forward to that tutorial. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather