Saturday, March 09, 2013

Sugar Creek Hollow Week 52 Photo Inspiration


Hello Friends!!
Happy Saturday!!
It is week 52 at Sugar Creek Hollow, and our theme this week is for you to use the lovely photo below for inspiration.
Photo for Inspiration

 We would like to see you use the colors or elements from the photo in your vintage or shabby chic style creations.  Here is my card below.
I chose to use both the colors and some of the elements from the inspiration photo.  I created the "Perfumes" label in GIMP using images from the Graphic Fairy, as well as two of the flowers from the inspiration photo.   I wanted to use the Peacock image, since there were peacock feathers in the photo.  

Here is a close up of some of the fabby embellishments from 
Really Reasonable Ribbon.
Parrot green leaves and celery crochet trim and fix it foam pads.
I used some flowers from my stash as well as some
aqua baker's twine.
I distressed my edges with Vintage Photos distress inks by Ranger.  
 I also used the fix it foam pads to elevate the label.

I can't wait to see what you create this week and share with us at 
Sugar Creek Hollow!
Hugs!!
Heather

10 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I really like how you took the flowers from the inspiration photo and incorporated them into your gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Heather, I popped over to Sugar Creek Hollow, I will try to make something for this challenge looks like a fun one! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a clever girl!!! I love what you did with the images! Very pretty!
    BOLB Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather! I LOVE this week's colors in SCH challenge. Your card is gorgeous, I love the peacock and vine with flowers!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card, the trimmings are gorgeous.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are gorgeous!! And yes...they definitely inspired that gorgeous card. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Oh what a beauty, Heather! Such a fabulous vintage card. You capture the colors beautifully.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Heather, gorgeous digital work on this. Love the way you used the flowers from the photo and your ribbons are lovely. I also love your Easter project above this post.
    Hope your week is going well.
    I am subscribing to your Youtube channel and love the videos. One of them helped me in last weeks project.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Heather! Peacocks are my favorite bird so this really drew my eye. The colors are so rich and enticing.
    ~Deb~
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:49 PM

    Heather this is gorgeous...that graphic is wonderful love the flowers...always a treat to see your amazing work...
    lizzi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather