Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Time Card with my Favorite Colors and Die cuts

Happy Monday!!
I personally love Mondays, because they are my day off.  Yesterday I spent some time with my parents, while my children went to their cousin's swimming birthday party.  I took my mother to the antique store!  What a fun visit!  I will be sharing my creation with other Make it Monday fans.
I had some time today to play today and found a few challenges to enter this week.
  For the challenge at Tuesday Throwdown wk 90: Spring cleaning I used one of my favorite Bluebird die cuts, some pink buttons a tiny doily flower and one of my favorite embossing folders.  The papers are all ones I created in GIMP, and these are all scraps of my favorite pieces. 
The Paper Play Challenge for week 12 is spring colours, which is perfect to enter this week!!  Paper Sundaes: Spring Blossoms is perfect for my creation too.
Fashionable Stamping Challenges Spring is in the Air , is another perfect challenge for me to enter this week. They ask that you use a STAMP for all of their creations.  I am going to clean up my studio and find all my stamps!!  I used my favorite background stamp that I drew and carved myself to use on the lower half of my card.  I used Ranger's Peeled paint distress ink for my stamping.  You can see all of this in the close up below.  
The Bluebird die cut (one of my favorite images from the Graphic Fairy)and other pieces were all cut out using my Black Cat Cougar which I purchased here.  I just love the Black Cat Forum.
I distressed all my edges with Old paper Distress ink and added some Perfect Pearls in Perfect gold around my embossed piece and tiny pennants.  I used some pop dots to elevate my "Tweet" and my little pennants.
I thought I would also share some of the weirdness that goes on at my house.  Here are my two boys, goofing around while I am trying to get photos.
 LOL..noticed how I spelled WRONG..."WORNG"..I guess I will face palm myself now...LOL.  

Have a fabulous Day and thank you for visiting!!
Hugs!!
Heather

20 comments:

  1. Wow I love this card Heather. The papers you made in Gimp are beautiful, love the dotty dots :) and that blue bird and little pennants. So charming.
    Kids will be kids, LOL
    Lesley ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:24 AM

    Ohhhh such a cute birdie card. You know I love me some banners!!!! As one mother to another with teenage boys....you have to at least be happy for a moment they weren't beating up on each other. Cooperating to take a funny picture means there's hope : ) Huggs and love from your BFF : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I'm inspired to use some of my stamping and embossing elements! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to let you know I found your beautiful work through MIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Spring time card! Love the banner, birdie and inking! Also loving the face palmed boy! LOL
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful springtime card. Thanks for joining us at FSC this time.
    Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely beautiful! Saw it on Make it Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card with great spring feeling. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and fantastic detail.
    Thanks for joining us at Paperplay this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful spring card, lovely colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love the details and the vintage feel.


    I am popping by from MIM.

    ~Cheryl~
    **Check out my March Blog Candy**

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the bunting and the pretty pastel colours. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card makes me think that I've just walked into the most beautiful crafting boutique. This is FABULOUS!!! I can't say enough about the colors and textures and layering. Such a labor of love here. Your card is outstanding!

    Thank you for joining in with out linky party at Make It Monday. Good luck to you and have a fantastic weekend!
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. the softness is fab. I love all your fussy cutting. Thanks for playing along with Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Heather!!! Love your card, that banner is adorable! TFS
    I hope you have a great Sunday!

    Big Hug!
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just incredibly pretty with such sweet details, love the bunting.
    Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Heather - your card is so adorable!!! You are very talented! I hope you don't mind that I pinned your beautiful card on Pinterest {I see that it's already been pinned there a few times already...}xo

    -pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! This is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!!!!!!!! such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous6:51 PM

    Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather