Thursday, March 08, 2012

Lilly Lamb's Vintage Buttons and Baubbles

Hello Friends. 
 Today I  had a fun time using some images from Gecko Galz and the Graphic Fairy to create a vintage looking collage. 
It says:  Lilly Lamb's Vintage Buttons and Baubbles.
I am using it to dress up this Kirkland brand spaghetti sauce jar that I am recycling below.
I am sharing this post with The Shabby Tea Room and Simon says stamp and show some bottles and Sugar Creek Hollow.  I just recently found this challenge blog site, you really need to check them out!  You will love it!  My buddy Carol, has already linked up!!
Here is what I came up with.  Just a note.. the collage is me...the rest of the bottle is a little more "foofy" than my norm.  I still think it is pretty.  My favorite colors!  But still  "foofy"
First I used a wide pink ribbon that I glued in place centrally around my jar.  Then I used Pop dots to elevate the Collage piece that I created.  Used some lace from my stash and then added my favorite champagne flat back pearls from Pro 31 Designs.  
I then added the pink pom pom trims, green with white polka dot sheer ribbon, and little liquid pearl dots in peacock.  
All the mulberry Roses and ivory ribbon lace (to create the flowers) came from Pro 31 Designs
I inked the edges of my collage piece with Ranger's broken China distress ink.  Used a vintage button and my favorite May Arts leaf trim.  I filled this with just a few of my antique buttons.  Good thing I have a lot of these jars to play with (I got a lot of buttons).
The funniest thing...I was carrying this upstairs, and my DH said..."oh that is really cute"....freaky :0)  Of course he LOVED the collage..and goes..."you selling those."  LOL
So..actually check back soon, because I will be selling them in my Etsy shop.
Here is the die cut in a smaller size, I used it on the lid of my jar.
Here is what the die cuts look like below
They are printed on 80lb textured cardstock.  They will come to you cut out :0)
You will receive 6 die cuts.  4 of the larger and 2 of the smaller
They are in my Etsy shop.
(see I am trying...really...I finally put something in my etsy shop...lol)
Hugs!!
Thank you for the visit!
I love comments..and normally visit those that leave me comments :0)
Heather

7 comments:

  1. You have been busy this week....love your collage! You are really good using the digital images to create gorgeous things. I love the ribbon behind that big rose! And the pom poms, yummy! This is one gorgeous and fancy button jar, but those antique buttons deserve it!! Thanks for entering again at Sugar Creek Hollow, we love seeing your work.
    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I LOVE your image! You did a great job on this one. Love the lid! Your pompom trim is cute too! I do see what you mean about it not being all you...but it's pretty close! LOL
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, what a beautiful job you have done on your altered vintage button jar! It's adorable! I love it! Such pretty trims and sweet little roses! I love your little vintage looking label, too! Thanks for sharing your bottle with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous, foofy or not! Love the die cuts too! so cute!

    thanks for sharing with us at SCH this week! We loved having you!

    Holly SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:21 AM

    Whoa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather, wow what a great transformation on this jar. Love it.
    That is a wonderful image and the little girl and lamb are adorable.
    Hope you can drop by my blog for a peek.
    Have a great weekend.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! How fun! Love your pretty button jar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather