Monday, May 02, 2011

Scraptales: Mega Meet Layout

Linda gave me some Fabulous papers from 
Scraptales to create a few layouts for the Mega Meet in Michigan starting on Wednesday.  
The colors of these paper were so soft and relaxing.  They fit perfect for the challenge of Week #60 Sweet Dreams at The Shabby Tea Room.
I even used the Sketch from Dusty Attic for inspiration!
Here is the April Sketch
I flipped the sketch horizontally.  I did make it my own..but I am pretty sure you can see the sketch in my layout.
This photo of my boys in their blow up canoe (yard sale...thanks Jessica), goes so well with this paper.  The title reads:  Looking for the Siren.  Which is perfect...since it looks like my older son is looking down at the mermaid.    
Here are some close ups.
  
The fantastic Shell with the sunset image in it and the Music sheet and Guardian of the sea images...are all from 
 The fabulous Dusty Attic piece to the left was painted, shaded and highlighted to look like a spray of water.  I gave it a coat of perfect pearls mist by Ranger in Turquoise.  I got the DA piece from my
BFF's Store.  She knows I love LOVE love Dusty Attic.
 All the stars, bubbles, lettering and graphic fairy images and my photo were cut out by my Silhouette (using the print and cut feature).  The bubbles are all hand painted, and I added some perfect pearls in a light blue color to the mermaids scales.  All pp and pieces were distressed with my Distrez tool.
 I added a little perfect bronze pearls to her hair (and the anchor in the photo below).  
The journaling says " Come play with me and the creatures of the Sea."  I inked all the edges with vintage photo.
Here is a great close up of my hand painted DA piece and bubble.
One last shot of the whole layout.
Thanks for visiting!
Remember you can get these Fabulous papers at the Mega Meet at the Scraptales booth!
Hugs!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Love those patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing LO!! Fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:05 PM

    Ooooh! This is soooo incredibly beautiful. Very inspiring. Are you able to share what company produces this paper please? I live in New Zealand and I simply MUST HAVE IT!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...didn't realize I forgot to put down that these papers are by Creative Imaginations Paper. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather