Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentine's Day Mini (Easy Peasy)

Hello Friends!
I am super excited because I will be teaching my
first scrapbook project at my BF's Scrapbook store:
You will find her blog button in the upper left...feel free to snag it and add it to your blog.
I would suggest you become a follower, because she will
be posting lots of scrappy fun projects and challenges
for you to take part in.
Here is a photo of my first Project.
The class will focus on learning:  
Stamping, Inking and distressing...in an artistic style 
and how to assemble your flower clusters.

The inside I have not finished yet, but it will be simple...so that the focus can remain on assembling the cover and learning techniques.
I will post more Photos when I have the inside complete.
Thanks for visiting!

I am off to "Ice Skating Lessons"...that my DH signed the family up for...LOL
Hugs!


I am back from Ice Skating...and I actually saw some friends there and had a good time (but don't tell DH...lol)
I did a little more work on my
Valentine's Project
This is what you see when you open the little flap...
I simply just cut out the shapes from a great sheet of paper.
Here is a close up.
Here is what you see when you flip the first page up.
Those of you who "know" me...know most of my work is what I call
"Chunky"...meaning it is bulky and better suited for a frame or shadow box..or even a canvas.  I am trying really hard to keep this as flat as possible, and not add to much...yet still achieve that
"ohhhhh....I love it....feel"
The little red heart and "Be Mine" are cut from that same sheet of 
paper as well as the image above them.
Close ups
Another close up
All the stamping has been done with my hand carved stamps  :-)
You may recognize the "LOVE" stamp on the cover as one of the images I painted and cut out with my Silhouette SD.
Below you can see the little heart comes out...so you can include a 
"Little luv Note"
This is what you will see when you fold the last flap down.
I used my tiny heart die cut I painted...with some scraps of
punched paper as tiny wings. 
I didn't show the whole thing open...that will have to wait
till....I am finished.

I used the little black paper clip to weight down the page for the
photo.

Thanks for taking the time to visit today!
Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty gal!!! Good luck with the class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait for the class!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather