Monday, November 15, 2010

Vintage Chic Snowflake Christmas Ornie

I thought I would take a break from cleaning, and create a quick and easy Christmas Ornament.
I used Ivory and light pink colored card stock.  I cut the snowflake and scallop circle with my Silhouette SD.  I know that Cricut has these shapes as well (similar, but I don't want to make a mess and get my cartridges out...lol).  I went ahead and welded these two shapes together....and then used a slightly smaller scallop circle.  If you don't have a program that allows you to weld your shapes...just use two sizes of scallops...you will get more layers.  You can see how they looked when I started below.
I started off stamping the snowflake image with Big and Bossy  tinted embossing ink by Ranger, using my favorite background stamp I carved.  I used  Gold Tinsel embossing powder by Stamp-n-stuff.  I then inked the edges with Ranger's Worn lipstick and then with Vintage photo.  The pink scallop circle I spritzed with Ranger's Perfect pearls Mist in Interference red.  Then inked the edges in the same manner as the snowflake.  Here they are before they were inked.
While these were drying I used Ranger's vintage photo to distress the edges of the vintage blue Christmas candy that I drew and painted in GIMP (they will be available in my Etsy store next week).  I glued the candy to the pink scallop circle with an elmers glue stick.  I used pop dots to adhere the pink scallop to the snowflake.
Next I used my Crop-o-dile to punch a whole for my wire hanger. I took a piece of gold 24 gauge non tarnishing gold wire by Darice to make my hanger.  I simply gaged the mid point and twisted the wire to form a loop...then continued to twist it..so it had some length.  I then threaded both end from back to front through the hole in the ornie.  I used and antique button with two holes..which I threaded the wires through.  I brought them both back up and around the wire...and then used a stick to wrap the wire around to finish off with curly'qs.    Here are some close ups.  I did give a spritz of tattered Angels Glimmer mist in Pearl to the candy.  I think you can just  make out the glitz below.
Another close up
 Thanks for visiting!
Hugs!

1 comment:

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather