Monday, November 29, 2010

Final Recipe: 365 Cards Vintage Blog Hop

So today I finished my "recipe card"  for the 
Here is what I came up with...and tomorrow...I will add some more photos...of how I got to the finished product.  My kids are wanting me to watch a show on Netflix with them...lol. 
I used Graphic 45 papers...since Gloria (Graphic 45 DT member and 365 Cards DT) is the one sponsoring the Vintage Blog Hop!
Here are some close ups below



Gloria wanted a stick pin or hat pin for here part of the recipe.  You can see that I started with a Mya (sp?) Roads Leaf stick pin...and I added a vintage button..with my FAV beading wire..and then an acrylic rose...from a piece of  Bling from the Swirlydoos store.
Sophie listed lace...here you can see it wrapping around my photo.  
Sophia's ingredient was a button...which you will see all kinds of vintage buttons on this card!
The Rose and the Ticket are both die cuts that I drew and painted in an online program called GIMP (it's free).  I used Ranger's distress inks in Vintage photo...distress stickels in shabby shutters...and Dried Marigold.  The Rose is on pop dots...and takes care of
Tesa and Hannah's ingredients...die cut and dimension.
Today...when I was visiting 365 Cards day 274
I saw that Sohpia had made what she called an Easel card.  I thought that was super cool...so I figured I would try it out.  By trial and error...I made one!  It measures 5" X 5".  Wouldn't you know...having a 5" X 5" card was 
Rose's recipe ingredient.
An easel card allows your card to stand up on it's own...and be displayed...you probably already knew that...but hey...now I do too!
This is my own ingredient...lol...I always have to have a little secret tag...or just a tag...in my creations...This one pops out of the top.
You may notice that the G45 pp that is in front of it...well it was distress with a kraft knife blade...inked...and then I used water to distress the edges (which are mostly covered up...lol)  Here is a tute...on water distressing  by Robin over at Swirlydoos.  
I pretty much distressed everything with distress inks...that is just my style.  That was Kim's ingredient.  Did I mention...there are 10 ingredients all together.  All last week...you went from one design team member's blog to the next...getting the ingredients.  Super fun!
Here you can see the tag all the way out.
Here is a close up of some the Graphic 45 paper cut outs.  This is my take on "Stitching"...and "Piercing."  But ...I was not sure if it would count....so
So the tiny bookmark that come out...I actually pierced with a needle...and then weaved my fav beading wire through it.  I also did some faux stitching with a black creative memories pen.  You can see all this above.  This takes care of both Pam's and 
Amy's ingredients!
Finally...we get to the inside.  There you will see my stamping...and for once...I didn't use my own stamps...because...well...I like all kinds of stamps!  This was Audrey's ingredient.


That makes all 10!
Some more Graphic 45...on pop dots.  Tomorrow..I will add another post...with some of the "how to."
My kids are yelling for me to hurry up...so I better run..
Since it will be displayed...at my house...because I LOVE it...I had to do something to the back...LOL.
Thanks for visiting!
Make sure you check out 365 Cards to see how the Vintage Blog Hop went...and to see what new Inspiration they have for you!
You know...I am thinking of making a matching box for this...just in case I decide to give it to my mother...or mother-in-law! I will probably keep it...:-)
P.S.  This photo is of my boys playing in a huge tree that fell for NO reason at my parents house a few years ago.
Hugs!

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Girl! You more than did that challenge! You knocked it on it's backside and smashed it! Great job! Super even!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooo hooooo...excellent work and I love how you incorporated a pic of your kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic finish to the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I love all the elements used in your card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather