Saturday, October 23, 2010

Some of my First Scrapbook projects (still not finished) from Past Blogs


Finally a 5x7 scrapbook page
I finally got around to finishing a scrapbook page! I love it! I used PICASA to change my photo to black and white, GIMP to size it and had my DH Peter print it out for me. I can't wait to figure out how to use the Sure cuts a lot program so that I can make my own images to cut out on the Cricut (that was the only reason for buying the Cricut...so I could cut out my own images). It is a pain only being able to use a scalloped square...when you want a rectangle. The day I figure out the program (actually I haven't even looked at it yet...lol)....will be a happy day. I did use the Cricut to cut out the background shape, the layers under the photo, the tag and key. I used Ranger distressing ink on the tag and embossing powders on my stamped images. This page will be covered with a plastic sheet protector and put into a 5x7 Creative Memories album that I bought before Caleb was born (hence no bling or flowers, or dimensional items).
The stamped/embossed images on this page are a result of my dabbling in Stamp Making (just add stamp making to another media that I have chosen to like...lol). I made these myself using Speedball speedy carve sheets. I was lucky and bought them at a garage sale last summer for $1.00 a piece...both sets including the tools. I found two sheets on Ebay for $5.00 each, and $4.00 to ship (most places want to charge $15-$17 to ship.....yikes).
I have another page to post too.....it will be on later.
UPDATE:  October 2010
Well...I guess this must of been a pretty old post...lol.  I never did buy the sure cuts a lot program, because I found out it wouldn't do what I would want it to do.  I ended up purchasing a Silhouette SD, and am now able to create my own images (die cuts), print them, and use the Silhouette SD to cut them out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather