Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Grandmother's Mini Album

I started out with 12 Chipboard pages that I had bought from the Michaels dollar bin.  I covered each side with plain beige lightweight card stock.  Stamped around the edges with some black "Archival ink' by Ranger.


Using Ranger Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, I then proceeded to ink the edges.  Let me just say that stamping and inking 24 pages is time consuming...lol.


My grandmother is 81, and has Rheumatoid Arthritis.  She has a difficult time picking things up.  So I chose to keep this simple.  Besides that I didn't start this till 10 am this morning.  I went through all my photos on my laptop and chose 20.  I then designed my little page in my Silhouette program.  All images were imported into my Silhouette program where I made them all the same size and clipped them.  Used the Silhouette to print and cut.  Then I cut out the black scalloped squares out of black light weight card stock (with the Silhouette).  Used one of the stamps that I created out of Speedball''s 'Pink Stuff," and stamped in the corners (etc) with Versa magic Cloud white ink.



Added photos of the family.  I chose just to use regular color photos.  If I were creating this book for myself, I would of done them in Sepia tones.  My Grandmother and Grandfather LOVED the photos!  That is all that matters :-)


It took me till 2:30 p.m. to finish with all the inking, pasting, stamping, and arranging of photos.  For it's simplicity, I feel it turned out great.


I did use a patterned piece of paper for the front and back cover.  I stamped (using a couple of the stamps I made),  and inked them too.  For the main focal piece I used one of my Roses (I call it "Stephanie's Rose) that I created and cut out with my Silhouette.  I also made a little "Love" button with another rose image I created and covered with Ranger's Glossy Accents Crackle finish.   Tied on a couple of ribbon bows and called it done.  Had to be at my parent's house by 4pm.


This is a close up of Stephanie's Rose and the Love button.  I just love these colors together.
This ended up being a pretty thick book.  I didn't have any D rings big enough!  I ended up using one of my Ball chains (like a key chain holder) with a clasp.  It worked out well.  So it is nice to say......."I finished something!"


Have a great evening!

UPDATE:  October 2010
My Grandmother visited the first week of October, she and my grandfather loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather